Sunday, April 20, 2014

Reading Blog

Spooky Campfire Tales

It might sound like a children's book, but it is actually two-hundred pages of about thirty short, scary stories. I found it in my room, read the back, and decided to give it a try. Some of the stories weren't actually that scary, just kind of weird and supernatural; while others were more like long descriptions of a host or monster encounter rather than a story. However, some of them built suspense - and were scary as I read them. The best ones had good, twist endings that tied the story together - sort of like a punchline of a joke. I enjoyed parts of the book, although it's definitely not for everyone - given the content (everything from demons to werewolves to witches to ghosts). Because this book didn't have one continuos story and long lasting characters, it was a little weird to read. However, if you like short stories and or scary stories, perhaps you could give this a try.

4 comments:

  1. This actually sounds really interesting, even if it will probably scare me to death. Thanks for the reccommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been interested in ghost stories and ghost stories about death, sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a book with this writing style few years a go and I really like it. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what were the names of the stories that you thought were pretty good, and you should bring the book on the trip

    ReplyDelete