Monday, April 14, 2014

White Sands Red Menace

If you have not read "Green Glass Sea" and think you might, do not read further into my review of "White Sands, Red Menace"(the sequel) Because it will spoil the story.

WWII has ended due to the atomic bombs that were dropped on Japan, the bombs that Dewey Kerrigan's parents helped create. The family moves to a small New Mexico town, which Dewey and her sister Suze are forced to adapt to. Their parents are now involved in the construction of a rocket that (hopefully) will go to the moon, and are also involved in anti-bomb efforts. After knowledge of the bomb goes public, people begin to panic at the thought of the destruction an atomic bomb can bring.

I din't realize that "White Sands Red Menace" was the sequel, so as I started reading I was really confused. However, I did eventually figure out what was happening. I enjoyed the book, because it had several problems that the characters faced, which were very different from one another. The characters were good, and the writing was good. It was definitely not my favorite book, but I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment