Sunday, October 6, 2013

Outliers
Malcolm Gladwell
Non-fiction

This book focuses on real life examples of outliers. People that go beyond the rest of the population, people that are more than just normal - particularly focusing on success, talent, and just groups of people that are abnormal. It talks about why some become successful and other don't - why people are talented and others aren't. The book focuses on a different outlier each chapter, talking about Bill Gates, the Beatles, etc. I really enjoyed this book. The writing style is entertaining and very interesting. I learned a lot, and enjoyed reading the book. It is a relatively easy read, it is informational, thoughtful, and entertaining. I would recommend this book to just about anybody; but especially people who enjoy non-fiction.

7 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book. it is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my TBR list. It sounds really cool, and I can't wait to read it (someday). Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't normally enjoy non- fiction, but everybody loves this book so I'll probably read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read many non-fiction books, but this one sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to read Outliers for a while, and I might read it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. in general, i hate nonfiction books, but i think i might try this one since so many people have told me they liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really want to read this book and i love how u described it

    ReplyDelete