Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Where the Red Fern Grows

Where the Red Fern Grows

Wilson Rawls

Billy lives in the Ozarks. He lives with his Mom, Dad, and his three younger sisters. When he is ten years old, he decides that he wants to own a pair of redbone coonhounds that he could hunt with. He sees an add in a magazine for redbone coonhounds for 25 dollars a pop. He decides to get the money himself. He works hard for a couple years, buys the dogs, and walks all the way to a nearby town to pick them up. His work was worthwhile however - because Billy soon finds that his dogs are talented, and smart. Together they will do great things.

I suppose this book was too young for me, but I picked it up because I have been hearing about it forever and everyone else read it a while ago so I decided I must read it. It was a good book, I think I would have enjoyed it more a couple years ago, but it was nice to read it. It was sad, and funny, and heartwarming, and it had a pretty interesting plot. It was kind of an adventure type story. I would recommend it, but I am sure many of you have read it, and it is a little young for our age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment