Monday, March 10, 2014

SOL 10/31



I remember we were driving over these hills, which were one of my favorite places to drive around, just because they weren't flat and boring. We were on the way to pick up Alex. I wasn't paying attention when it happened, but for some reason I have a dusting memory of seeing the white van come closer and closer to us. My babysitter didn't stop in time and we rammed the back or an all white, windowless van.

I flew forward. Then I remember my back hurting. Then I remember seeing the bent, smashed front end of the car, steam slowly trickling out. We waited in the car as my babysitter got out to consult the man who was yelling at us. His car wasn't even hurt - ours had a ruined front end. My poor babysitter, (who was from Ecuador) ha to try and calm us down while managing this angry guy - while worrying about the car that was totaled. Finally we turned off quebec and onto eleventh, and drove the rest of the way to logan. We drove through the loop in our totaled car, and picked up my older brother, Alex. On the way back, we went very slowly because a piece of metal was scraping on the ground. Alex started yelling:

"The car's gonna explode! It's gonna explode!"

Probably making the frantic babysitter even more nervous. He wouldn't stop freaking out until we pulled the car over, and walked to a nearby grocery store. We walked around, asking for a ride, until we got one from a nice lady who was from Texas. We got home and everyone was happy. Except our car was totaled, but that six year old me didn't care. It had been an adventure.

5 comments:

  1. My first thought was, what is the slice your babysitter would write about the incident? You slice tells so much, especially with the little details like the metal scraping or your brother yelling. They really bring the reader into the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so intense, i like how you ended it! good story I've never been in a crash so that gives me a vivid thought of what it would be like, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that was so intense I thought that it was a book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the slice. I laughed when your older brother was talking about the car exploding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you all were ok. Your ending is perfect. So suspenseful, then just a kid on an adventure. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete