Friday, March 14, 2014

SOL 14/31

We crept up to the house, and she held the camera. Blue light poured through one of the front windows, lighting up the otherwise dark yard. The light flickered and changed colors. It began doing this frequently. We crept onto the yard. We crept up the walk. We crept up to the bushes. We peered into the window. It was a basketball game, playing on the TV. A lone person, a man was watching the TV. They dared me to walk onto the porch. I crept back to the porch. I crept onto the porch. I crept up to the window.

It was all my two year older female cousins idea. The crept house on the block was the one on the end, and it was obviously built at a different time than the other houses on the block. The other houses looked like typical, suburban houses. The lat one however, was triangular, and very tall. It also had dark, faded wood. One night when my cousin was over, we told her about the house. She insisted we investigate. We went over at night with a camera, and crept around. Then, my cousin dared me to go onto the porch, so I did.

I slowly walked up, and looked into the window to see that the guy was no longer sitting, watching TV. I turned around to tell my cousin and brother that he wasn't there, but they were gone. I saw my cousin bolting towards the house. I turned back around towards the creepy house to see the guy standing right behind me. 

"What are you doing out here?" He asked, staring me down.

"Oh - just - a sleepover…" I stuttered, my heart pounding. 

I ran home after he went back inside.

3 comments:

  1. Well your cousins sound…interesting. How old are they compared to you? Nice slice, good work describing everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "It was all my two year older female cousins idea." I said that in the slice. Also, I can't help but feel like you don't approve of my cousin - I can assure you she is a really cool person.

      Delete
  2. Sounds a little creepy. But I like the description!

    ReplyDelete