Thursday, March 6, 2014

SOLSC 6/31



Bang! Pop! Bright red sparks explode in the warm, black summer sky, and slowly fall back to earth. Boom! White sparks explode and twinkle down into the lake, leaving us breathless. The colors and brightness were amazing, until it happened.

On a vacation in Missouri, me and my family went to a “Black Cat” fireworks stand and bought a ton of fireworks. We bought roman candles and sparklers, and little smoke bomb type things. We waited until night time, and fired them over the lake. There were many great colors, loud bangs, and great firework effects. It was a lot of fun. However, fireworks are deceiving – at fist they seem cool and exciting, loud and bright and colorful – but sometimes they show their true colors. In reality fireworks are just things that burn and explode. I didn’t realize that until too late.

I got out a sparkler from the box, and lit it. It started to burn and sizzle, as it became bright and sparks flew everywhere. I was happy, running around with my exploding torch, until one lonely little spark flew from the sparkler straight into a hole in my crock. It burned my foot, so I kicked and yelled out, and then it stuck in my shoe. I kicked more and hopped around, and wrestled off my shoe. My foot had a burn sore for several days after. Now I know fireworks may look cool, but they hurt when they get stuck in your crock, so you have to be really careful.


7 comments:

  1. That must hurt! Why are your slices always you getting hurt? It was still good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you switched from the description of how beautiful the fireworks are to you getting burned. Nice description!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never lit fire works with nothing going wrong. Once, we almost lit some trees on fire and another time, a police officer came and made us leave. But at least we got to use some of my dads boxes of old fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stories that are both sad and amusing :) I'm glad there was no lasting damage to your foot. I love this line: "However, fireworks are deceiving – at fist they seem cool and exciting, loud and bright and colorful – but sometimes they show their true colors." It is so perfect how you utilized a common phrase (showing their true colors) to connect to the colorful display in the sky. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were able to make such an interesting scene within a few paragraphs and lots of descriptive words. Nice work Aaron. How old were you when this happened?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I really liked your Slice of life, and how you explained everything. I go to an international school but I am from the USA and I love Missouri.

    ReplyDelete