Saturday, March 22, 2014

SOL 22/31

"Alright, I want you to run down this platform, right here, and once you get to the yellow striped section, jump. Not too late, because you won't get enough speed. Don't go too early because you will hit you but on the end, and slide of, then go super slow, and while that will be funny for everyone else, it will suck for you."

Everyone in the group stood silent, gaining the courage to do it. They listened, the excitement and anxiety growing. I was somewhat nervous - but mostly I just wanted to do it. It looked awesome.

"Now, everyone, make sure your helmet is on, then get in a line. When we hook you up, go ahead. Alright, who's first?"

Once I was next, I stepped up, and they attacked my harness. I ran down the platform, and jumped ant the end. I fell for a few seconds, then the steep decline of the zip line caught me and I hurtled downwards. I flew down and over the canopy of the forest, wind rushing around me. I continued for what seemed like a few minutes until I glided over the platform, slowed to a stop, glided back over it, and slowed to a stop once more. They got me off and I stepped onto the platform to greet my brothers. I asked:

"Well, what next?"

No comments:

Post a Comment