Thursday, March 20, 2014

SOL 20/31

"Ooh. Maybe I'll get the yellow tail roll. It that too much? I don't know if I should get it, I mean it's expensive - and we already have a lot…" He smirked.

"Alex, get it if you want it!" I said, frustrated.

"Hey, no need for the attitude, Aaron!" He said.

"Yeah Aaron. He was only joking." My mom said.

"I'm sorry - he was just - being annoying…" I muttered.

"And our dinner was going so well." He said.

"Okay, it's just that you were making me angry, because you were like -"I started to say.

"Look Aaron, just be quiet."He said sternly, and continued to say: "I didn't miss this."

"Me neither." I whispered under my breath.

"Alright, let's figure out what we should order." Alex said.

"I ordered what I want." Daniel said.

"I got al the things I want - and you can't have any." My mom said in a joking, but serious way.

"What?" Alex asked.

"Well you got what you want, and I got what I want. And I don't like your stuff, so we'll just eat separately." She replied.

"Mom - No… come on! This is supposed to be - like - it's like a minimalist theme. We're getting to much anyway. What will the waiters think of us!?"Alex said nervously.

"Oh honey, it doesn't matter - what we got is fine." My mom protested.

"No mom, please - let's just share."Alex continued.

"Okay - you can have a few." My mom allowed.

"And Aaron, what do you want?" Alex asked.

"What we got is fine." I said sullenly.

"Aaron will you just tell us what you want?" He asked a little louder.

"I told you. This is all fine." I said.

"No, come on Aaron." He said.

"I told you! Fine, lets also get a rainbow roll." I gave in.

"Alright. Let's order." He said, finally satisfied.












1 comment:

  1. this sounds so familiar. I like how you made it into a series of dialogue.

    ReplyDelete