Tuesday, March 25, 2014

SOL 25/31

Endangered

Sophie was not particularly excited to visit the Congo. The only reason she went was to visit her mom, who was the head of a Bonobo sanctuary there. Sophie's feelings change when she buys and injured, orphaned Bonobo. Her mother is somewhat upset because buying the ape promotes orphaning and selling Bonobos, but for Sophie, it is worth it. As Sophie begins to have a deep connection with the ape, who's name is Otto, a rebellion breaks out in the country. When the violence spreads to a nearby town, and the sanctuary is attacked, Sophie flees with the ape after refusing to be evacuated. She heads into the sanctuary, and into the jungle - hoping that the she can escape the rebels, and the apes within the jungle.

This book was exciting, and exhilarating. It's a survival, adventure book - but also has a lot of information on Africa and Bonobos. I read the book because I read the sequel to this book, (which is unrelated) and was very good. This one was better, and more exciting. I would recommend this if you like easy, but exciting books. I really liked it - and I think just about anyone can enjoy it.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, sounds like a action packed book, I'll probably give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like a really fun read, do you know if it is like fiction or non fiction and what time it is set in

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot of good review of this book, so I'll check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete