Wednesday, March 19, 2014

SOL 19/31

Bicycling is an excellent sport. It's both a good way to exercise and enjoy yourself, but also an easy form of transportation. However, sometimes biking can be - unpleasant. Especially if the bike is not used in the way it was meant to be used. My first unfortunate experience was several years ago, when my older brother convinced me to high five him as I past him on my bike. I did, but my handlebars turned suddenly, so he bike rapidly shifted to the left and I flew off, injuring myself. Nothing long lasting, but it hurt.

Another unfortunate experience is when I thought it was a good idea to bike to Noodles and Company during the winter. It was all great until we reached a particularly flat and wide section of cement sidewalk. The sidewalk was also, sadly, covered in black ice. I was gracefully moving along when my bike seemingly slipped from under, and went to the right. I slammed my left side against the ice. However, I did not cry, I just biked the rest in pain.

One of my most surprising and frustrating experiences was when I was in a bicycling class at Logan. There were two separate classes given at that time to two different age groups. The classes were at different times, so when people in one class forgot their bikes, they could use bikes left by other students in the other class. Once, my bike was risen by a different person, who had adjusted the seat. When I rode the bike the next day, once we were steadily going, the seat just slipped. They hand't tightened the seat enough when they adjusted it, so when I rode it, It slipped down to it's lowest position, and I bounced off backwards. I was okay, but angry. After my unfortunate set of experiences I now have a series of memories I can look back to - so I know what do do, and what not to do on a bicycle.

3 comments:

  1. Nice slice, biking is very fun, just not when things like these happen. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is why I'm afraid of riding a bike. Thank you for solidifying my decision not to get on one of those dangerous contraptions :)

    ReplyDelete