Friday, March 21, 2014

SOL 21/31

"That was actually really nice. I enjoyed it a lot." I said, looking over to my mom as we boarded the plane, stepping into the cabin from the walkway.

"I liked it a lot too." She said as we began to walk past the rows of seats.

Once we reached our seats, we sat down, and twenty minutes later the plane took off, and we began to fly across South Carolina, en route to Denver International Airport. We settled in, and got some sodas. The flight when fairly quickly, I zoned out as we flew over the midwest, and I was surprised to find we had been flying for three hours. Only one hour to go. My mom decided to take a quick nap and put back her seat.

There was a mother and three kids behind my mom, and though my mom didn't realize it at the time, the mother was standing up right behind her seat, holding drinks. When my mom put her seat back, she inadvertently bumped the woman, who in turn spilled the drinks all over herself. She sighed loudly, clearly and justly angry. My mom quickly put up her seat and kept it there as the woman went to get napkins.

When she came back and passed behind my moms seat, she roughly and obviously shook the seat acting like she pushed it to get through. We were quiet and diligent for the short remainder of the flight, and when it landed, the woman quickly got her kids and got off the plane avoiding my mom. It was kind of funny how big of a deal she (the other mother) made out of the incident, but we didn't mind. Lesson learned: be careful about putting your seat back on a commercial plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment